1. The 8 piece set usually comes with 2 fry pans (1 being an omelet pan), 1 stockpot with lid,1 saute pan with lid and 1 saucepan with lid. This should be adequate with a few open stock additions.
Non Stick, All Clad ,Multi Clad, Copper,Enamel. Iron???
1. If you are weight watching or cooking fat free You can use very little oil or none to achieve great results. The non stick saucepan is also great for oatmeal ,rice, puddings, hot cocoa, melting chocolate, soups or anything you cook that tends to stick to the pan.
2. Omelets come out great in a non stick fry pan--they don't break up and slide right out of the pan.
3. If you are an average cook this may be your best bet, but only use WOOD or NYLON utensils!!!
4. Works on traditional gas, electric and ceramic cook tops NOT the newer INDUCTION cook top.
ALL CLAD/ MULTI CLAD
1. It's all about the heat conductivity here. These pans provide even heat to be distributed throughout the pan to eliminate hot spots and uneven cooking. Some of these will work with INDUCTION .If you are a more advanced cook this is for you.
1. Similar to the All Clad with heat conductivity. This was the cooks choice for years before non stick,all clad and multi clad. It's beautiful but needs to be polished. If you love the look--go for it!
1.Enamel cast iron is known for its intense heat retention without the hot spots. Its great for stews, soups, briskets, slow roasting and stove to oven cooking. The name synonymous with this type of cookware is
"Le Creuset" made in France.
2. It can be used on ALL types of cook tops
1. Holds high heat for searing,blackening and DEEP browning. Gives food intense color from the high heat it generates. Nothing gives steak and chops a deep crust like an iron skillet. It also makes great corn bread. The name synonymous with cast iron is LODGE. This is a MUST in every kitchen.
OPEN STOCK PIECES:
Roaster Pan with Rack
NON Stick Griddle/grill
So let's get our pans!
1. Select your 8 piece set
2. If you are selecting All Clad, Multi Clad,Copper
Non Stick 8" omelet pan
Non Stick saucepan
12" cast iron Lodge Skillet for the searing ,blackening steaks, chops, fish, vegetables
Double Reversible Griddle for steaks, chops,pancakes
Le Creuset Dutch Oven for stew, chili, brisket, pot roast
Large Non Stick Roasting Pan with rack for Turkey, Chicken Calphalon has a great one
Large All Clad pasta cooker steamer for soups, pastas, vegetables
3. If you are selecting Non Stick
ADD all of the above except the non stick omelet and sauce pans
4. If you are selecting the Le Creuset
ADD all of the above except the Dutch Oven (unless it is not part of your set)
Electric Fondue Pot
It's fun--make cheese or meat fondues and don't forget chocolate fondue dessert!
Non Stick Wok
If you love stir fry this is a must have addition