HomeMade Lentil Soup
1. 1 large yellow onion diced.
2. 6 carrots cleaned and diced.
3. 4 stalks of washed and diced celery
4. 1 chopped cloved garlic
5. 2T olive oil
6. 3 32oz. boxes of "College Inn" beef,chicken or vegetable broth
7. 1 bag of lentils (Rinsed in a strainer)
1. In a large stock pot , heat oil over a medium heat.
2. Add chopped garlic.
3. Add diced onion,celery and carrots and cook--stirring until onion is clear.
4. Add stock slowly stirring bottom to loosen any ingredients and continue stirring all together
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste,
6.Add cleaned, rinsed lentils and simmer over low heat for 2 hours.76. Serve with a salad and sliced french bread. Enjoy!
You can add 1 ham steak or 1 package of canadian bacon Cut into bite size pieces BETWEEN steps 2 and 3.
This makes the soup a heartier meal.
Post a Comment